Expert Microwave Heating Engineering Consulting Services
Microwave Heating Engineering Consulting is one of the core competencies for SiberSci, LLC, and SiberSci, LLC provides clients with services for optimizing the performance of existing microwave heating circuits, as well as providing research, design, development, and optimization of new hardware for customer-specific materials.
- Hardware at 915 MHz, 2.45 GHz, 5.8 GHz, and 24 GHz.
- Microwave Devices, Circuits, Assemblies, Subsystems, and Systems for Microwave Heating Applications.
- Microwave Power Combiners and Splitters.
- Fundamental and Higher-Order Mode Microwave Cavities (Rectangular, Cylindrical, and Clamshell) for Microwave Heating Applications.
- Microwave Filters for Microwave Heating Applications.
- Solid-State and Vacuum Tube Microwave Power Amplifiers and Oscillators for Microwave Heating Applications.
- Microwave Impedance Matching Circuits for Microwave Heating Applications.
- Microwave Transmission Line Networks.
- 1Coaxial, Rectangular, Cylindrical, Elliptic, and Ridged Waveguide.
- Characterization of Frequency- and Thermally-Dependent Microwave Material Properties.
Contact SiberSci, LLC today to start work on your Microwave Heating project.
Expert Microwave Heating Engineering Consulting Services
Microwave Heating Engineering is an important aspect of life for most people in the 21st century. For instance, Microwave Heating is often associated with the terms Dielectric Heating or Dipole Moment Heating. Microwave Heating is enabled by the rotation of the polar molecules within the material, which causes frictional heat to be generated by the rotating molecules. This type of heating is commonly associated with home microwave ovens, restaurant microwave ovens, and food processing for crackers, cookies, soups, and countless other food types.
However, Microwave Heating is also used for manufacturing chemicals, polymers, wood products, and other consumer and industrial items. Finally, Microwave Heating is an essential part of semiconductor processing for the creation of plasma processes used for wafer fabrication. SiberSci, LLC has extensive experience with heating materials with Microwave Energy, so contact us today to discuss your specific project.
This is why SiberSci, LLC is a Microwave Heating Engineering resource providing Microwave Heating Engineering Consulting and Industrial Microwave Consulting services for continuous flow and batch processing of dielectric materials. These materials include solids, films, powders, and liquids. SiberSci, LLC also provides services for the theoretical analysis, design, development, fabrication, testing, validation, and optimization of Microwave Heating Systems for both laboratory and industrial applications. Our experience allows us to review the pertinent material properties, client-defined temperature specifications for a specified volume and mass of dielectric material, and time constraints for heating the defined volume and mass of the dielectric material. This permits SiberSci, LLC to optimally determine one or more microwave hardware configurations to satisfy the client’s requirements. SiberSci, LLC is one of the few Microwave Heating Engineering Consulting Services available with expertise using the following hardware:
- Vacuum Electronic Device (VED) amplifiers and oscillators:
- 4Fast-Wave Devices (gyrotrons)
- Solid-State amplifiers and oscillators:
- Transmission Line, Resonator, and Spatial Power Combining of multiple VED and solid-state sources.
- Microwave heating applicators:
- 1Cylindrical resonators operating in fundamental or higher-order mode(s).
- 2Rectangular resonators operating in fundamental or higher-order mode(s).
- 3Clam-shell resonators operating in fundamental or higher-order mode(s).
- 4Over-moded microwave oven cavities.
- Temperature measurements inside resonators using Optical Thermocouples and IR Cameras.
- Measurement of frequency and temperature-dependent material properties (electrical conductivity, complex permittivity, relative permittivity, loss tangent, thermal conductivity, thermal diffusivity, density, specific heat capacity,…) of materials to be heated in a microwave resonator to optimize the heating process and quality of the product.
SiberSci, LLC can also review proprietary material specifications for these efforts using a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to protect the client’s business-sensitive data, Intellectual Property (IP), or Proprietary Data (PD) for this material. Performance and physical limitations for microwave heating concepts will be documented during the review process, and modifications to the concepts will be documented to illustrate how the concepts must be adapted to satisfy the client’s requirements for their dielectric material. If some portion of the client-defined performance specification is found to be physically impossible to achieve, then these problem areas are revealed along with recommendations to circumvent these barriers to achieving the requisite performance.
Microwave Heating Engineering Computational ElectroMagnetics (CEM)
Next, SiberSci, LLC is experienced using Ansys HFSS as part of the Ansys Electronics Workbench, CST Studio Suite, or Comsol MultiPhysics to support the Computational ElectroMagnetics (CEM) aspects of these programs for Temperature-Dependent simulations of dielectric materials. Clients can specify the use of one or more of these CEM tools for their project as long as the client provides a valid license for using the code, or pays for contract access to the code of choice. If the client is unable to select the appropriate CEM code for their project, then SiberSci, LLC is prepared to assist each client with selecting the appropriate CEM code(s) to ensure the success of their project.
Finally, it is essential for each client to realize that the accuracy of CEM simulations is dependent upon the frequency and temperature-dependent material properties (thermal conductivity, complex permittivity, relative permittivity, loss tangent, electrical conductivity, density, specific heat,…) of the metals and dielectrics used for fabricating their circuits, so these material properties must be measured so they can be included in the CEM simulations. Laboratory and contract resources are available to determine these material properties, which are essential for providing accurate CEM simulations of circuits and systems. SiberSci, LLC can provide each client with the capability to only use valid material properties for their CEM simulations.
Dielectric Heating Calculator
SiberSci, LLC provides an online tool for individuals to use to explore Microwave Heating of a Dielectric Material if they know a few material properties, such as Temperature- and Frequency-Dependent Density, Specific Heat Capacity, and Complex Permittivity. This tool provides a 1-D analysis of the Dielectric Material to provide an estimate of the Power and Electric Field required to cause a defined temperature increase in the material in a defined time period. This analysis is commonly referred to as “Load Analysis” for Microwave Heating Engineers, which is invaluable for initiating the design of a Microwave Applicator to heat the defined Dielectric Material. The Dielectric Heating Calculator includes a Tutorial to teach users how to use the tool.
Users are advised that the answers provided by the Dielectric Heating Calculator are only valid if the information provided to the calculator is valid for the temperature and frequency range of the Dielectric Material being analyzed. If nonphysical parameters are defined for the analysis, then the calculator will provide a nonphysical solution. Hence, use the calculator with caution!
Here is a complete list of the Electromagnetic Engineering Consulting Services offered:
- Antenna Engineering - https://sibersci.com/antenna-engineering/
- Microwave Engineering - https://sibersci.com/microwave-engineering/
- Microwave Heating Engineering - https://sibersci.com/microwave-heating-engineering/
- Millimeter-Wave Engineering - https://sibersci.com/millimeter-wave-engineering/
- RF Engineering - https://sibersci.com/rf-engineering/
- RF Heating Engineering - https://sibersci.com/rf-heating-engineering/
- SiberSci, LLC offers services for a number of categories not listed here, so do not hesitate to ask if you need help solving a problem.
Here Is What You Need To Do To Start A Microwave Heating Engineering Project!
Your company has an important problem that needs to be solved professionally, so please submit your inquiry for a Microwave Heating Engineering Consulting project to Dr. Scott Best, and specifically state if a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) is required to protect business-sensitive information, Intellectual Property (IP) or Proprietary Data (PD). SiberSci, LLC will provide an NDA for review, negotiation, and amendment by the client to safeguard and protect their IP and PD. SiberSci, LLC will also provide a budgetary quotation and schedule for performing the client-defined Microwave Heating Consulting effort after reviewing the performance and size requirements. Work on the Microwave Heating Engineering Consulting project commences when a contract has been negotiated and legally executed by SiberSci, LLC and the client.
SiberSci, LLC is built upon the professional experience of Dr. Scott Best, who has worked in both industry and government. His professional experience has witnessed dramatic changes in techniques available for solving Electromagnetic Engineering problems, as well as for performing laboratory measurements and experiments.
SiberSci, LLC is ready to begin solving your Electromagnetic Engineering problems today.